This is Public: Designing Geelong
This is Public: Designing Geelong will focus on how good design is shaping Geelong’s architecture and public realm and giving back to the Geelong community. The talk will look at the design of three key Geelong projects—the Geelong Arts Centre, the Geelong Library and the Wurriki Nyal Civic Precinct—addressing their effect on the city at an urban scale.
Hear the architects behind these projects unpack the design stories that shaped this precinct and how it responds to the needs of the broader Geelong community and acts as a catalyst for good design into the future.
- Jill Garner, Victorian Government Architect
- Mark Loughnan, Principal, Board Director, Head of Design, Hassell
- Jeremy Stewart, Principal, ARM Architecture
- Jesse Judd, Director, ARM Architecture
- Wesley Perrott, Associate, Cox Architecture
- Moderated by Tania Davidge, Executive Director, Open House Melbourne
Images: (1-2) Wurikki Nyal. Photos: Courtesy Cox Architecture.
Time & Date
Friday 20 October
Free, bookings required
Fully wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom
Level 1, Wurriki Nyal Civic Precinct, 137-149 Mercer St, Geelong VIC 3220