Ulimaroa is attributed to John A.B. Koch 1889. ANZCA House Norman Day 1999.
Ulimaroa stands on the traditional estate of the Yalikut Willam clan of the Boon Wurrung language group. It is one of the few remaining Victorian-era homes on St Kilda Road and is now surrounded by buildings of glass and concrete. Long before it was built, the land was used for living, food and medicine, and home to many.
Ulimaroa is the Melbourne office of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists, and houses the ANZCA Library, Geoffrey Kaye Museum of Anaesthetic History, the Fellows room and many meeting rooms. The building is linked to the more modern ANZCA House via an extension connecting the two.
The completion of ANZCA House in 2001 underscored the rapid development and expansion of the specialty of anaesthesia in the 20th century.
Amos Roach will lead us through a Yidaki meditation (bring a yoga mat), followed by a self-guided tour of Ulimaroa. The tour will highlight the changing uses of the building, its importance as a heritage-listed building, and how it is used today.
Image: (1) Ulimaroa, view from St Kilda Road. Photo supplied.
Time & Date
Saturday 29 July
Guided Yidaki meditation + tour runs 10am
Running for 120 minutes in a group of 50
No bookings required
Partially wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom
630 St Kilda Road, Melbourne 3004