This is Public: Collective Agency
The third episode of This is Public responds to the 2019 National Architecture Conference theme: Collective Agency.
The third episode of This is Public responds to the 2019 National Architecture Conference theme: Collective Agency. The conference reminded us that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, and with unity comes an ability to affect an outcome. This year’s event encouraged us to reflect on today’s challenges, the articulation of more meaningful protocols, and most importantly, the willingness to act.
- AIA National Conference Curators Stephen Choi and Monique Woodward discuss the inception and theme of the Conference, and what it means to be an architect in 2019.
- Conference speakers Elizapeta Heta and Sara Lynn Rees discuss their work in developing Indigenous design protocols and help us imagine what Indigenized cities might look like.
- National Architecture Conference
- Australian Institute of Architects
- Monique Woodward: WOWOWA and National Emerging Architect.
- Stephen Choi, Living Future Institute
- Sarah Lynn Rees, Jackson Clements Burrows
- Elisapeta Heta, Jasmax
- Architects Declare
- Architecture studios engaging young people in NZ in design: Akau studio, The Roots Entrepreneurs
Photo credit: supplied AWS Australia – Perspectives video