Weekend Highlights: City of Stonnington
Posted Thu 28th Jul 2022 | Isabella Radevski
There’s loads to see and do in Stonnington across the OHM Weekend on 30 + 31 July. While you’re exploring the many sites in our program, round out your visit with all this area has to offer.
Here are some of the places and experiences to fit in your visit to Stonnington:
Saturday 30 July
- Join a walking tour of Prahran Square and learn about all the open-air space has to offer, from events, activities, and festivals to art displays and the beautiful open space for a sit down (goes well with a good book from the Prahran Square Library).
- See a show at the iconic Chapel Off Chapel – whether you’re after a good laugh at a comedy performance, or something more dramatic, there’s a performance for all tastes. And of course, there’s always a live music gig just around the corner.
- Wander through the back alleys and cobbles of the Chapel Street Precinct to see the magnificent street art on display, from the realistic and meaningful, to the abstract and vibrant.
- Get a backstage pass to the National Institute of Circus Arts (NICA) in Prahran with trainer-led tours of the Sidney Myer Circus Studio and the NICA National Circus Centre.
Sunday 31 July
- Delight in a little retail therapy along the High Street, Armadale fashion shopping district and relax at one of the hair and beauty boutiques on Glenferrie Road.
- Check out some of the magnificent architecture on display at the one and only Toorak Village, where classic meets modern, then stroll down to the Loreto Clendon Centre for a building tour.
- Dining out at one of the many restaurants on Toorak Road, South Yarra will certainly be a highlight of your day in Stonnington. Bon appétit!
- There are a number of beautiful parks and gardens located across Stonnington where you can enjoy the sunshine and get back to nature. A great opportunity to slow down and chill out.
Plan your own itinerary
Other buildings and programs in Stonnington across the Weekend include:
- Emagn This! Lang House
- Northbrook and The Stonnington History Centre
- Como House and Gardens
- Date-A-Sculpture: Speed Dating at The Duldig Studio
- St James Anglican Church Glen Iris
- Firestation Print Studio
- Mandeville Hall
- Umina – The Country Women’s Association of Victoria Inc.
- Mandeville Centre, Loreto Toorak
- Prahran Arcade – Facade Conservation
Many thanks to City of Stonnington for all their support as one of our major precinct partners.
Feature image: Aerial view, Prahran Square. Photo: John Gollings.
Other images: Chapel Off Chapel. Photo: Sanjeev Singh; The Clendon Centre. Photo: Trevor Mein; Northbrook and the Stonnington History Centre, the Northbrook vaulted vestibule. Photo: Image Play 2019.